I am a C++ programmer with over a decade of experience working with a variety of in-house and publicly available game engines.
I have experience shipping products for console and PC, as well as several years of experience working on live service games.
I consider myself a generalist through and through; a tested and proven jack-of-all-trades.
I have a wide range of skills.
- Architect complex Gameplay, UI, and Online features
- Mentorship for mid- and junior-level developers
- Time-saving Debug Tools
- First Party Requirements implementation, investigation, and fixes
- Procedural Content Generation (Houdini and from-scratch runtime)
- Familiar with Unreal Engine, Unity, Snowdrop, Anvil-Scimitar, and many more...
- Porting to MacOS, Linux, PC, consoles, and handhelds
- Build pipelines and management
- Asset pipelines and import tools
- On-site and remote client support
Just to name a few...
In my combined 10 years at Ubisoft I have had the opportunity to work alongside co-development studios around the world on-site, hybrid, and fully remote.
I am a strong communicator regardless of the organizational structure.
My background in client support is at the core of my working philosophy and I often find myself bridging the gaps between systems and teams. I pride myself on my reputation for being a pillar for my colleagues, as well as a pragmatic and effective developer of robust gameplay systems.
Gameplay Programmer - Gameplay Systems
- Responsible for save-game systems and the auto-save feature.
- Support and development for many gameplay systems (inventory/items, loot, gameplay ingredients, etc.).
- Implement powerful ImGui debug tools for programmers, designers, and QC
- Optimization of high-impact gameplay systems, both client- and server-side.
Generalist Programmer - Systems
- Generalist support on systems team.
- Established determinism for procedurally generated resources for the save system.
- Supported development of runtime procedural systems.
- Maintained the orbital simulation for celestial objects and related debugging tools
- Optimization of visual effects.
Generalist Programmer - Tools, UI
- Procedural tools (Houdini) and UI features (in-house UI system) for Rainbow Six: Extraction.
- UI features (Flash, in-house UI system) and supporting online and gameplay features for For Honor.
- PC porting of UI features (Flash), exotic resolution support and keyboard and mouse control support on Rainbow Six: Siege.
Intermediate Programmer (Generalist)
- Liaison for engine support issues for both the programming team and content creators.
- Graphics and engine features; shaders, tool support, gameplay requirements.
- General technical problem solving.
- Engine, graphics and tools work for an unreleased mobile project.
- Authored and maintained systems and tools for future projects.
Technical Support Programmer - Engine
- Solving technical problems related to engine/tools software and console hardware
- Implementing and debugging and fixing engine features.
- Integrating patches and client feature requests directly in their branch.
A PDF copy of my resume is available here .